These lighter Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are the perfect starter, side dish or snack. Totally crave-worthy, these Parmesan zucchini fries are crisp and golden on the outside, yet moist and tender on the inside.
Suitable for Low Carb, Keto and Gluten Free diets. Weight Watchers points included.
Post may contain affiliate links. For more information, check my disclosure
True story – I used to despise zucchini fries. I was first introduced to them at a local burger restaurant a few years back, and when they were brought to the table I was immediately disappointed.
They were deep-fried and had absorbed a lot of oil, which made them really soggy, limp a greasy. A total fail. So I will admit I was a little hesitant to try making them in the air fryer.
Easy Crispy Zucchini Fries
But peeps, I am sooooo glad I did. Thanks to the magic of the air fryer, I just lightly spayed them with oil and the Air Fryer Zucchini Fries turned out perfect! Just as good as these Air Fryer Potato Wedges, best ever Air Fryer Green Beans, delicious Air Fryer Asparagus, these Air Fryer French Fries, and colorful Air Fryer Roasted Beets.
These air fried zucchini fries are super crispy and golden on the outside, yet moist and tender on the inside. Deliciously tasty, and not oily at all. #airfryerforthewin
Parmesan Zucchini Fries Air Fryer are a great appetizer or snack for both kids and adults alike and make a great side dish for treats like Air Fryer Burgers. They are satisfyingly crunchy and totally dippable, and they earn major bonus points for being a healthier option than regular fries.
Making these air fryer zucchini chips gets the kiddoes to happily eat their veggies and even beg for more. Yeap.
Why You’ll Love This
- kids and picky eaters alike love ’em!
- they are simple to prepare and no deep frying needed.
- This requires minimal prep time and a few minutes cook time.
- they are very customizable.
- this is a side that goes with everything
Air Fryer Accessories Top Pick
GET IT ON AMAZON.COM
Season Your Air Fryer Vegetables
Use seasonings to effortlessly add flavor to your crisp, crunchy vegges. You can use store bought seasoning but you can also make you own easy homemade ones like
Try these and you will certainly become official fan of zucchini fries in the air fryer. Bet you cant wait to make them in the summer. You should certainly Air Fry Zucchini to help you use up allllll those squashes from your garden, friends and farmer’s markets. .
- Zucchini – also known as courgettes. Best to use small or regular sized zucchini. These have the most flavor. Really large zucchini will be too liquidy.
- Almond flour – I used almond flour as I wanted to keep this low carb. Use regular flour or panko breadcrumbs instead.
- Parmesan Cheese – Freshly grated parmesan cheese gives the best flavor. Ideally you should use finely grated cheese as this sticks better.
- Spices – Smoked paprika and salt and pepper really bring out the flavor to this. Feel free to add more or less to your taste. A pinch of black pepper or red pepper flakes adds some heat.
How To Make Zucchini Fries In Air Fryer
Get the complete ingredients list and instructions in recipe card below.
- Preheat air fryer to 400F / 200C.
- Cut the zucchini into fries.
- Combine the almond flour, Parmesan cheese, smoked paprika and salt in a shallow dish.
- Place cut zucchini fries in another mixing bowl and spray with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Dip fries into the Parmesan cheese mixture, making sure all sides are well coated.
- Working in batches, place fries in a single layer inside the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve.
Air fryer temperatures will vary depending on the type and model, so use the cook time as a guide only and adjust as needed.
Baked Them Instead
Get the complete ingredients list and instructions from the recipe card below.
No air fryer? No worries! You can oven bake zucchini fries instead.
- Simply prepare the fries as directed in this recipe.
- Then place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400F / 200C for 18-20 minutes, turning over once halfway through the cook time.
Pro Recipe Tips
- Cut zucchini sticks to the same size so that these cook at the same rate. If you cut them to different sizes then make sure you cook similar sized ones at the same time
- I used almond flour, as I wanted to keep these keto and gluten free. However, if not following a gluten free or a low carb eating plan, you can swap in 1 cup Panko bread crumbs or some all purpose flour.
- Do not over crowd the Air Fryer basket, so that the hot air circulates and the fries crisp up. Cook in batches if needed.
- If making in the oven, make sure to spread these out on in a single layer on the baking sheet so that they crisp up easier.
- It is easier if you use a shallow bowl for dipping, as it is easier to reach in and out.
- Make sure you blot the fries dry before coating them.
- Using a sharp knife will help you slice the fries easily.
- Use egg, beat a large egg and dip the fried before coating them if you want a fuller coating.
- Vary the seasoning to suit your taste. Mix in some chopped rosemary and garlic powder.
- Add heat. If you like a little heat, then add some red pepper flakes or chipotle.
- Eat them fresh – Because of the high water content of zucchini, I don’t recommend storing these Parmesan Zucchini Fries. Cook them just before you are about to eat them and serve them straight away.
- Reheat – if you want to reheat these then spray them with a little olive oil and reheat at
- 400F / 200C for about 2-4 minutes until warmed through.
Air Fryer Cooking Temperature and Times
Air fryer temperatures can vary depending on the make and model. I recommend starting out with less cook time, checking for doneness, and then adding more time as needed.
Start with 400F/200C and cook for a couple minutes less and test them and decide if you need more cooking time.
Cook Time For Air Fried Zucchini
The exact cook time will depend on the thickness of your fries. In my experience, somewhere between 7-10 mins gives you fries that are perfectly crispy outside, yet still tender on the inside.
If you cut your fries thinner than half an inch, cooking for 7 mins or less will likely do the trick. And if your fries are cut on the thicker side, it will take 10 mins or even longer.
Can You Use Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs?
Yes you can. Just use these including gluten free panko breadcrumbs instead of almond flour and you are good to go.
And remember that air fryer temperatures can vary, so always start out with less time and then add more if needed.
Can I make This In My Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid?
Absolutely. Cook them at 400F / 200C. For about 10-13 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
Dips For Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
These Keto Zucchini Fries pair perfectly with a rich and creamy dipping sauce. Whenever I makes zucchini fries in the air fryer, I looooove whipping up this quick and easy homemade dip.
Simply mix fat free Greek yogurt with herbs (dill, parsley ands chives work well) and a generous pinch of smoked paprika. Easy and delicious! Get some other dipping sauce ideas below.
More Air Fryer Recipes You May Like
For More Air Fryer Zucchini Recipes
Weight Watchers Points
There are 4 Blue Plan SmartPoints per serving.
Thank you for reading my Zucchini chips Air Fryer recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue to slice, dice, and dream up affordable Air Fryer recipes, Instant Pot Recipes, Southern Recipes, and more. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, food blog.
Originally published June 2019.
Get the Air Fryer Zucchini Fries Recipe:
Don’t forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Air Fryer Zucchini Fries! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Course: Side Dish, Snack
Cuisine: American, Western
Preheat air fryer to 400F / 200C.
Combine the almond flour, Parmesan cheese, smoked paprika and salt in a medium bowl.
Place zucchini fries in another bowl and spray with olive oil spray.
Dip zucchini fries into the Parmesan cheese mixture, making sure all sides are well coated.
Place fries in a single layer inside the air fryer basket.
Cook for 7-10 mins until golden and crispy.
Remove from air fryer and serve.
**AIR FRYER RECIPE BINDER Bundle**Get your Air Fryer Recipe Binder and Ebook to keep all your recipes and tips organized in one place.
- Air fryer temperatures can vary depending on the make and model. I recommend starting out with less cook time, checking for doneness, and then adding more time as needed.
- Vary the seasoning to suit your taste. Mix in some chopped rosemary and garlic powder. Or if you like a little heat, then add some chilli powder.
- I used almond flour, as I wanted to keep these air fryer zucchini fries keto and gluten free. However, if not following a gluten free or a low carb eating plan, you can swap in Panko breadcrumbs.
- Serve your air fryer zucchini chips with a side of ketchup for dipping.
There are 4 Blue Plan Smart Points in a serving of this.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 267mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Vitamin C: 17.6mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 1.2mg