Delicious and crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts make the perfect side dish or snack without the use of the oven. With just 4 ingredients and a handful of minutes, it’s quick and easy to make these tasty air fried Brussel sprouts.
Suitable for Gluten Free, Low Carb, Keto, Paleo, Vegan and Whole30 diets. Post includes Weight Watchers points.
Post may contain affiliate links. For more information, check my disclosure
OK let me introduce you to my new fave thing. AKA these super crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts. And I am 101% sure that they are going to be your new favorite thing too. #justsaying.
Easy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Yeap, cooking Brussel sprouts air fryer style is soooo simple. So much so that I made you a video showing you just how easy they are to make. And with only 4 ingredients too, minimal prep and less than 12 minutes of cook time..
You get that I am super excited to share this easy to make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts recipe with you right? We looooooooove air fried Brussels sprouts over here. Okay, Okay, my family does.
My best friend, well I am still working to convince him. But he has assured me that if my next version involves lots of Parmesan cheese and crispy bacon, he will be all in.
Love Air Fryer recipes – then try this Air Fryer Cauliflower, delicious Air Fryer Green Beans and Air Fryer Beets.
Why Cook Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
- Fail proof – Mini cabbage Brussels sprouts get a bad rap. Peeps, this isn’t your grandma’s Brussel sprout recipe. You know the kind that ends up overcooked and mushy with a weird taste. Nope, now that we can make Brussel sprouts in air fryer, they turn out perfect every time.
- Great for every occasion – I enjoy these as a snack and side dish but they’re such a great addition to your holiday and Thanksgiving spread. No fighting over precious oven space with the family like you’ve done in years past.
- Super Crispy – Sure, you can make Brussels sprouts in the oven, but I promise you they will not crisp up as much as they do in the air fryer. The outside of Air Fryer Brussels sprouts is nice and crunchy, and the inside stays perfectly tender. Not mushy like when it’s overdone in the oven. Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are a great way to get your family to eat their veggies
- This Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts recipe is versatile. My recipe is simple and calls for a little bit of oil to fry in and salt and pepper to taste but Brussels sprouts in the air fryer can take on almost any flavor you wish. From spicy Brussels sprouts for a snack or adding a little garlic powder to complement your main dish, these Air Fryer Brussels sprouts will be sooooooooo tasty and crispy.
- 4 ingredients. That’s it. Recipes that only use a few ingredients that I have on hand are my favorite kind. Salt and pepper with a quick spritz of calorie-controlled cooking spray (or olive oil if not following a particular eating plan) and your Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts will come out perfect.
- Adaptable – If you’re making this dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas add in nuts, Balsamic vinegar, or pomegranates for that holiday taste everyone loves.
- Brussels Sprouts – This recipe here uses the fresh vegetable. Make sure to have cut them off the stalk and, discard any old / damaged outer leaves and have them before cooking.
- Oil – Use a cooking spray or your favorite olive oil. This helps crisp up your vegetables.
- Seasoning – we are keeping it simple with salt and pepper, but you can add other stuff like Italian Seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder.
Ready to make Crispy Brussels Sprouts? Grab your ingredients and I’ll show you how…….
How To Make Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Get the complete ingredients list and instructions from the recipe card below
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a bowl, spray with calorie-controlled cooking spray, add salt and black pepper and mix until well coated.
- Add Brussels sprouts in a single layer to the air fryer basket and fry between 8-12 mins. Shake half way when cooking.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Tips
- Don’t core the Brussels sprouts. You will simply cut the stem end to be flat and remove any discolored leaves before cooking in the air fryer.
- If you have a small air fryer or have lots of sprouts, then it is best to cook these in batches so enough hot air circulates and they crisp up
- Fresh Brussels sprouts will give you the best results. I wouldn’t recommend using frozen for this recipe.
Air fryer temperatures can vary depending on the make and model, so it is important to always check your food for doneness and adjust the air frying time as needed.
Simple Delicious Variations
- Vary spices – I’m a big fan of Brussels sprouts so salt and pepper is all I need but you can add any kind of spices you have in your pantry.
- Add heat – add a little heat with cayenne, red pepper flakes or chipotle.
- Dress it up for the holidays – If you’re making this dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas add in nuts, or pomegranates for that holiday taste everyone loves.
- Add bread crumbs – add in breadcrumbs half way through cooking for some extra crunch. use gluten free breadcrumbs or keto breadcrumbs if you prefer.
- Make It with bacon – Oh yes, you can make this Air Fryer Brussels sprouts recipe with bacon. All that’s needed is to simply add bacon strips in with the Brussels sprouts at the start and you are good to go. Because bacon really does make everything better.
- Make It with Parmesan – Fry the Brussels sprouts as normal, take them out of the Air Fryer and sprinkle on some grated Parmesan (and herbs) to your taste.
- Make it with Balsamic Vinegar – Air Fryer Brussel sprouts with Balsamic vinegar is such a great variation. Air fry the Brussels sprouts as directed in this recipe, then remove and drizzle on some balsamic vinegar and maple syrup before serving. Delectable!
- Store – Leftovers should be kept in an airtight container in the fridge. Use them within 3 days.
- Reheat – You can reheat leftovers in an air fryer at 350 degrees F / 180 degrees c or in an oven.
- Freeze – I don’t recommend freezing this recipe.
How to Prepare Brussels Sprouts for the Air Fryer
Grab a stalk of Brussels sprouts when you’re at the market. The freshest Brussel sprouts will give you the best crisp and the best flavor. Don’t be intimidated by the stalk.
You won’t need a knife to remove the Brussels sprouts from the stalk. Push them downwards and they should pop out. Remove any loose or discolored leaves.
If buying on the stalk isn’t an option you can find them in a bag which will work great for cooking Brussels sprouts in the air fryer. However, I do not recommend frozen Brussels sprouts for this recipe.
Cut sprouts into halves length wise but if they are really large then you will want to cut each one into quarters.
Brussels Sprouts Nutrition
Brussel Sprouts are low in calories but high in protein. And just one serving of Brussels sprouts can give you your daily dose of Vitamin C and Vitamin K. In addition, Brussels sprouts are also rich in phytochemicals which studies have shown many help protect against cancer.
Is the Air Fryer Better than the Oven?
Now let’s talk about fried Brussels sprouts. I know when you hear the word “fried” you’re immediately turned off. Who can eat “fried” food all the time? Folks, you can add Brussels sprouts in the air fryer to the guilt free eating list. Seriously.
Don’t use more than 2 tablespoon of oil in your air fryer when “frying” anything which is great for your waistline. Even better, cook using just a light spray with the program-approved cooking spray of your choice.
The air fryer uses a power fan to move air throughout while it cooks your food.
The air fryer is quicker than the convection oven and will crisp your food faster and better than the oven.
How Long To Cook Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts?
This depends on the size of the sprouts with bigger sized halves will cook for longer than smaller sized ones.
I suggest cooking for 8 minutes and then testing. And then add on another few minutes at a time till they reach your desired level of *cooked ness*
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Holiday Recipes
Need more Thanksgiving and Christmas Air Fryer recipes, then head on over to these below.
You can whip ups some mains, side dishes and desserts like juicy Air Fryer Turkey Breast, or Crispy Air Fryer Whole Chicken, Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs, Flaky Air Fryer Salmon, along with some Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes, easy Pumpkin Air Fryer Biscuits, Air Fryer Sweet Potato Pie, and family loved Air Fried Green Beans, Air Fryer Apple Chips and Air Fryer Chocolate Cake.
Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts Recipe
No air fryer? No problem. You can make these in the Instant Pot and still not turn on the oven! Check out my Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts recipe.
Weight Watchers Points
When using a calorie-controlled cooking spray, a serving contains 0 (yeap, zero!) Blue Plan SmartPoints.
Air Fried Brussel Sprouts Recipe Video
Thank you for reading my Brussel Sprouts in the air fryer recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
Get The Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe:
Don’t forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts is crispy on the outside and fork tender on the inside!
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time12 mins
Cuisine: American, Vegan, Western
Preheat the air fryer to 350F / 180C.
Place Brussels sprouts into a bowl, spray with cooking spray, add salt and black pepper and mix until well coated.
Add Brussels sprouts to the air fryer basket and fry between 8-12 mins, removing and shaking the basket a couple of times when cooking for even crisping.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
**AIR FRYER RECIPE BINDER Bundle**Get your Air Fryer Recipe Binder and Ebook to keep all your recipes and tips organized in one place.
Calories: 48kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 855IU | Vitamin C: 96.4mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1.6mg