Believe it or not people have chosen to commit crimes this year at the one place you probably shouldn’t above anywhere else – Swansea Central police station.
From causing criminal damage and making threats to drug possession and failing to provide a specimen for analysis there have been a number of incidents of people carrying out crimes right on the doorstep of the city’s law-enforcers.
Here are the crimes which have passed through magistrates’ courts in Swansea and Cardiff this year concerning incidents at the station itself.
READ MORE: The crimes which have taken place on Swansea’s The Kingsway this year
- A 41-year-old Swansea woman damaged the front window of Swansea Central police station on March 7. She admitted causing criminal damage to property and was sent to prison for eight weeks. She must also pay a £128 victim surcharge.
- A 27-year-old man from Swansea was found with the drug spice in his possession while at the police station on February 28. He admitted the offence at Cardiff Magistrates’ Court.
- A 35-year-old man from Swansea assaulted a police constable at the station and was also found to have cocaine in his possession on July 7. He admitted both offences at Swansea Magistrates’ Court.
- A 50-year-old from Neath failed to provide a specimen of urine for analysis on February 2 while at the station. He admitted the offence and was fined £90 and disqualified from driving for three years.
- A 22-year-old Swansea man threatened to cause damage to the police station itself on February 14 along with nearby vehicles belonging to South Wales Police. He was committed to prison for four weeks. He also was fined £128 and told to pay an £85 victim surcharge.
- A 46-year-old Cimla man was found with Valium in his possession at the station on June 4. He has indicated a plea of guilty and has been remanded on bail until August 31.
To get the latest email updates from WalesOnline click here.